Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm a cartoonist? Not another showboat passing by!

Some of my hobbies fell into a perception that it was a talent of me by most friends. But I reluctant to presume it as talents. Whereas, none of my talents has been successfully exploited to generate income. Thus, my level for those so called talents will be let to remain in that notch forever.

One of the oldest tendency that soon, with the growing number of friends, has been said as a talent, is drawing. 

Cartoon was the fringe result from this hobby and I drew a lot of cartoon scene in the past without any of it left today due to my negligence.

But lately, I feel like it much more convenient to draw cartoons with drawing software, which for below artworks, I used Microsoft Paint for Window 7.

Adding up the artwork with availability  of the screen grab from mobile phone apps, it contribute alot into the diversity point of the satire.

So why don't you give a try?



This is a real life and real situation drawn in a picture type of cartoon.
"Abang Kaya Raya" which literally means "Rich Bro" as seen on the handphone of his facebook friend, who take bus to work, post a stressful status from a check in that was an obvious showboat of his luxury life, " in my exspensive car, do you have it" and the status  translated as "Alone.. Sad.. Feel like wanna die.. My partner is cheating.. My family hates me.. Now whats up with the traffic? Is it Sungai Buloh or Sungai Butoh (dick).. Pig !!" The monologue of his friend is simply "La la la (some indication of happiness,LOL) pity him. Always in stress."  And this cartoon used in an advisory status such "Better be in materially insufficient but happy rather be having everything, but stressful."



This is muted cartoon with imaginery situation that can be translated easily by anyone which is easy to understand yet foretell stories that assumed as the cause of the problem highlighted.


This is type of cartoon about nature are usually in absence of human. It was simple cartoon with the main subject are enliven with illusional face but without any words, it gonna be meaningless. So the monologue of the coulds written is " Oh time to go home? Take this!". Opis is common colloquial word for Malay referring to office.

Well I'm very interested in drawing more of such cartoons and for those who wanna view, do search in Instagram under #tamtoonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment